Monday, May 9, 2011

God says a lot about the Tongue in Proverbs

I've been meditating on the how powerful the tongue is. I wrote down quite a few verse that I would like to share with you.

1. Proverbs 6:1-2--- My son, if you become surety for you friend, If you have shaken hands in pledge for a stranger, You are shared by the words of your mouth;

2. Proverbs 8:13--- The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way, And the perverse mouth I hate.

3. Proverbs 10:14--- Wise people store up knowledge, But the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.

4. Proverbs 10: 19-21--- In the multitude of words sin is not lacking, But he who restrains his lips is wise. The tongue of the righteous is choice silver; The heart of the wicked is worth little. The lips of the righteous feed many, But fools dies for a lack of wisdom.

5. Proverbs 12:18--- There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, But the tongue of the wise promotes health.

6. Proverbs 14:3--- In the mouth of a fool is a rod of pride, But the lips of the wise will preserve them.

7. Proverbs 17:28--- Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace, when he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.

8. Proverbs 21:23--- Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles.

9. Proverbs 25:11--- A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold and settings of silver.

10. Proverbs 29:11--- A fool vents all his feeling, But a wise man holds them back.

11. Proverbs 29:20--- Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

I love all of these verses. You can pray for me that I would apply them to my life and think more before I speak. Reading all of these again while sharing them with you is just an encouragement to me. I could read these over and over again. I love Proverbs 29:11 just because I want to be a wise man. I don't want to be a fool who says whatever they want to say. I hope that these verses encourage you as much as they have encouraged me.

Have a blessed day!!!

In Christ,
Brittany

No comments: