Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't Praise Yourself

This morning I am going to write about a verse that I read yesterday morning during my quiet time. It is Proverbs 27:2, "Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth: A stranger, and not your own lips." I think that, that verse is a really great verse to remember because I know that I find myself sometimes saying, "Oh, but I've gotten better at that this week." It still isn't okay to say that because if someone has noticed that you have done good that week they will tell you. I need to remember that because I do find myself telling people that I have been doing better at that. I'm going to try to work on that. The Lord showed me that verse for a reason and I need to listen to him. I pray that you all would try not to do this either and that we can all be praising each other.
I hope this encourages you and that you will have a wonderful day!

In Christ,
Brittany

No comments: