Friday, November 6, 2009

Be Diligent all of the Time

Today I was reading Proverbs 6 and I found Proverbs 6:6, which says, "Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise." I once heard a story about an ant and a grasshopper. It was, there once was a grasshopper and an ant. The ant was working very diligently to get her food and the grasshopper was just playing in the summer. So, when winter came the ant had all of the food that she needed but the grasshopper was to busy playing in the summer that he didn't have any food for the winter. So the grasshopper would go to whoever he saw because he got so hungry and had no food. He would ask if there was any extra food that he could have. Everyone he asked said no because you were to busy playing around and not being diligent. The moral of the story be diligent even when you don't want to. It's not good just to sit around when you feel like it because then that promotes laziness. Every time I think about that verse I think about that story. We all sing that verse with all of the little ones and I just think of that story every time I read it or sing it. I hope this encourages you to be diligent all of the time and not lazy. I am purposing to be diligent and not lazy. I hope you have a wonderful day and a blessed day.


In Christ,
Brittany

No comments: