Monday, November 9, 2009

Be of Good Courage

I am starting to read Joshua in the Bible and just the first 9 verses are really good. It talks about how we need to have courage and not be afraid.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

I just think that that is so true and we can all try to remember that verse. Earlier in the passage of scripture it commands Joshua of these things because He is taking over because Moses died. He is taking over everything that Moses had and everything that he steps his foot on. When Moses was still alive Joshua was His assistant. I just keep going back to that verse because we need to be more courageous and be willing to fear the Lord and not man. That is one of the things that I struggle with, not always being bold enough to share the Gospel with others. We can not do that because God commands us to be of good courage. That is what we have to purpose to do. I hope this encourages you and I pray that you have a blessed day!!!

In Christ,
Brittany

No comments: