Thursday, September 3, 2009

Follow the Lord

I was reading Proverbs 3 this morning and it is all about the "The Guidance for the Young". The first verse, "My son, do not forget my law, But let your heart keep my commandment". So I think that is what we all need to do. Follow our authorities and commandments that the Lord has given us and the authority that God has given our parents to train us.There is also one other section of Proverbs 3 that I would like to share with you. Proverbs 3:5-7, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And he shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in you own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart form evil." That is one of my favorite verses because when there is something for me to fear about I do not always put my trust in the Lord right away, but I fear instead that He will not provide or something like that. I know that is not right. We can all use prayer that we would not lean on out own understanding but lean on God's understanding that he has given us. Also we need to acknowledge him wherever we go, whether it be when we go on vacation or not we still need to have our quiet time with the Lord everyday that ends in "Y". If we follow him and acknowledge him He will direct our paths. I pray that this will encourage you to have quiet time every morning. Have a blessed day!!!

In Christ,
Brittany

No comments: