Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Purpose Not to Have a Haughty Look

I would like to share Proverbs 21:4 with you. It says, "A haughty look and a proud heart, And the plowing of the wicked are sin." So I just thought that that is a great verse because I know it is true with me and I am not proud of it. I have been working on not giving a haughty look and a proud heart. It is hard to do it on your own strength without using God's help for you. I tried for a long time to do it on my own strength and not with the Bible and prayer. I have been looking us verses on Pride and haughty looks and just asking the Lord to help me be Humble and not prideful. Pride can sneak in very easily and I just have to guard from it. So, maybe you can go along with me and purpose not to be prideful. I am using the word of God to get me past this struggle and I am glad that I am going through this at a young age because my Mom wishes she would have learned character when she was a child. I hope this encourages you to have a wonderful day.

In Christ,
Brittany

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Brittany. Keep your gaze on The Lord at all times and he will fight the battle for you!! You can do through Christ who strengthens you! Don't forget that and I love you so much and enjoy seeing our heavenly father continue to write your book! I love you sweetie

Blessings
Mommy

Brittany Hutchison said...

Thank you Mommy. I know I have to keep my gaze on the Lord and am purposing to. Continue to pray that I will fight the battle everyday.

Love you,
Brittany