Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Child is Known by His Deeds

Today I was reading Proverbs 20 and I came across one of our memory verses that we sing to songs. It says, "Even a child is known by his deeds, Whether what he does is pure and right." I just think of that because I know that I haven't shared with my mom that sometimes when she asks me to do something I say sure I will do it but I don't want to really do it in my heart. I know that I need to share that and she asked me if there is anything that I need to share last night and I shared that with her and she just said that is something that you need to share because it is not going to bother any of us it is only going to bother you in the long run. I think that something little like that I will just forget about but then I keep thinking about it. I need to share these type of things. The reason why I tell this story is because this verse reminded me of that. It is because in our hearts we know what we do wrong and we can choose to share them or not and we should choose to share them. We need to do things the right way and stay pure. A child is known by his deeds whether he is doing something right or wrong and that child really gets to decide because if he wants people to know him as a someone who doesn't obey and honor their parents. I came to that conclusion and I think it is a very good one. I hope this encourages you and I hope you have a blessed day.

In Christ,
Brittany

No comments: