Thursday, January 21, 2010

Choose God's Way

This morning I am reading Proverbs 21 and just within the first few verses I found one that I thought I wanted to write about today. I liked verse 2 which says,"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts." I just thought about that and said sometimes we all think that we are doing something right and when someone tells us that we were doing it wrong it bursts our bubble. I don't like when that happens to me. The Lord says that he weighs the hearts which means that he is on the hearts and if they become heavy that is not a good thing. Our hearts may become heavy with sin and bitterness. There are many other things that our heart can become heavy with. We need to purpose to choose god's way and not our own way. That is something that every Christian struggles with. The fact that we can't always have our own way through the flesh. Our flesh wants its own way all of the time but we need to be stronger in the spirit and trust in the Lord to give us strength. I hope this encourages you to choose God's way over your own selfish way.

In Christ,
Brittany

No comments: