Monday, January 11, 2010

Have a Humble Spirit

This morning I was reading Proverbs 11 and I found a verse about being humble and not being prideful. I was just struggling with pride the other day. I had a rough day and my family prayed with me and encouraged me. I just want to thank the Lord for giving me peace and helping me through this time.

"When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom." Proverbs 11:2

So, I know that we can all work on not being prideful. I know that is one of the things that I struggle with and I know I am not the only one out there but it still doesn't give me an excuse to be prideful. We need to have wisdom and be humble. It says that if you have pride then comes shame and that isn't a good thing. Let's try not to be prideful. We can pray for each other and encourage each other. I hope you have a blessed day.

In Christ,
Brittany

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Very good thoughts! I will be praying for you! May the Lord humble us so we can do mighty things for Him!!