Monday, January 18, 2010

Think Before you Speak

Today I was reading my Proverbs of the day and I came across this verse, it says, "He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is filly and shame to him." Proverbs 18:13 So, I know that this can seem like it is a very simple thing but I know that I do it when I am guilty and don't want to be corrected about something. Sometimes my Mom will tell me something and I won't hear it with a humble spirit and I know that that is wrong of me to do. I know that I need to let my Mom finish talking and just answer with a humble spirit. It is hard but I think that is something that also comes with maturity. When someone is talking to you and you interrupt them and justify what you have done you are guilty and there is no going around it. I know that this is something that I am going to be working on so maybe you guys could do that with me. It also means that we need to self examine tour hearts before we speak. We need to think before we speak and see if it would be something to debate about or just answer with a "Yes Mam". I hope this encourages you to do that along with me.

In Christ,
Brittany

No comments: